*this post contains an affiliate link*
This is probably my favorite recipe—ever.
I got it from my mom :). I have toyed with similar muffin recipes before, but I’m not sure why because these are by far the best I’ve had. It is my go-to when people visit! I can’t get enough of them.
So, without further ado, here’s how to make ’em!
- 2 cups flour (sometimes I use white, sometimes whole wheat)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I highly prefer Hershey Special Dark, but any will do)
- 1/2 cup butter (make sure it’s room temp)
- 3/4 cup sugar (I plan to try substituting with stevia sometime)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup ripe bananas, mashed (I always use three, typically ones that I’ve stored in the freezer after they’ve gone bad.)
Preheat oven to 350.
Mix first 3 dry ingredients together and stir in chocolate chips.
Cream together butter and sugar. Be sure to dip a finger in for a taste because butter and sugar are an insanely delicious combination. Beat in eggs one at a time. Add banana and vanilla.
Add moist mixture to dry mixture, all at once. Stir until moist but still lumpy.
Fill muffin cups. Bake for 21-24 min (I always do 21 min because I like them moist).
I know recipes usually say to wait for them to cool, but I highly recommend eating one fresh out of the oven!